Elevating Dentistry Together: A Discussion with ADA/ADSO Leadership
There are several trends happening in the field of dentistry that are impacting how care is provided and how dental practices are operated.
The American Dental Association (ADA) and the American Dental Student Association (ADSO) are discussing the impactful trends happening in Dentistry.
These trends include changes in consumer behavior, technology advancements, and changes in the backgrounds of individuals entering the profession. The dental industry is also seeing a shift towards group practices and Dental Service Organizations (DSOs), with an increase in DSOs from 8.8% in 2017 to 10.4% in 2019.
Additionally, the expectations of patients are changing, with more emphasis on convenience and technology in their dental care experience. Overall, the industry is evolving and the combined efforts of the ADA and the ADSO can make dental care more efficient and effective while also adapting to the changing industry.
The conversation is also addressing the changing demographics of the dental profession, with an increase in the number of female dentists and the diversity of the dental workforce. This is leading to changes in the way that dental care is delivered, with a greater emphasis on cultural competence and inclusivity in the industry.
It is important for dental professionals to stay up-to-date on these trends and be proactive in adapting to them in order to provide the best care possible to their patients.
Here are the topics discussed:
1. The impact of technology on dentistry and how it is changing the way care is provided
2. The impact of consumer behavior and expectations on dental practices
3. The growth of group practice models and the impact of DSOs on the delivery of care.
4. The focus on diversity and inclusion in the dental profession and efforts to support underrepresented groups
5. The trend towards a more patient-centered approach to care, with an emphasis on developing strong relationships with patients and meeting their individual needs and preferences.
At Hayes, we make dental staff training fun by bringing Pizza and Beer (or other drinks) during the training so your team can actually enjoy themselves.
For more assistance contact, your local Hayes representative to help ensure that your staff and practice are compliant with your local Hayes Handpiece representative
As these guidelines are updated regularly also consider reviewing the latest updates at ADA.org/