Instrument Processing and Infection Control
Taking care of your instruments makes them safer and more effective, so you can protect your patients while operating at maximum efficiency. Hayes will show you how to process your instruments and prevent infection. Also, we’ll audit different types of dental burs or any instrument to determine what needs to be sharpened or replaced.
- Learn about the importance of pre-soaking instruments
- Review cleaning, rinsing, and drying techniques
- Improve the life of your sterilizer
- Look at lubrication and sterilization procedures
- Evaluate instruments for sharpening or replacement
- Determine optimal instrument quantity based on patient load
Steps to Receive 1 CE Credit
- Step 1: Create an account on Dentrek if you do not have one already. To create a new account on Dentrek, click here.
- Step 2: Review the course content
- Step 3: Take CE exam on dentrek for the appropriate course. If you have reviewed the content with a Hayes Representative, there is no need to view the class
- Step 4: Do website evaluation
- Step 5: Click on Proceed to print your CE credit certificate. It will also be stored online.