Dental Sterilization and Equipment Maintenance
Dental handpieces, instruments, and equipment are a costly investment and every dental office needs to have a team that is knowledgeable in its proper care and maintenance.
Dental equipment maintenance and sterilization of handpieces and instruments must be conducted on a daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly basis to ensure high performance and safety for both patients and employees.
Our dental sterilization and equipment maintenance training will provide you and your team with the proper knowledge in taking care of your dental handpieces, instruments, and operatory equipment.
Dental Handpiece Maintenance
Improper maintenance is the #1 reason for premature handpiece failure. Protect your investment, and get the maximum life out of your handpieces by following our handpiece maintenance instructions included in our training.
- Learn proper handpiece maintenance procedures for high-speeds, low-speed motors, swivels, scalers, surgical drills, high-quality dental carbide or dental diamond burs, or any kinds of attachments
- Understand different lubricants and cleaners
- Review flushing and autoclaving procedures
- Perfect for new staff or refresher courses available
- Learn how to get faster drying times out of your sterilizer
Schedule in-office dental handpiece maintenance training today!
Dental Instrument Sterilization
Taking care of your instruments makes them safer and more effective, so you can protect your patients while operating at maximum efficiency. Hayes will show you how to process your instruments and prevent infection through our dental sterilization training. Also, we’ll audit different types of dental burs or any instrument to determine what needs to be sharpened or replaced.
- Learn about the importance of pre-soaking instruments
- Review cleaning, rinsing, and drying techniques
- Improve the life of your sterilizer
- Look at lubrication and sterilization procedures
- Evaluate instruments for sharpening or replacement
- Determine optimal instrument quantity based on patient load
Inquire for our Dental Sterilization Course
Dental Operatory Maintenance
This presentation will provide information on how to maintain the operatory equipment to reduce repair costs, improve efficiencies for the office, and prevent downtime.
Our dental operatory maintenance course will cover:
- Vacuum line maintenance
- Air compressor maintenance
- Setting proper air pressure for handpieces
- Dental unit waterline cleaning and maintenance
- Properly disinfecting items in the operatory
- Transporting items to and from the operatory
- Lighting in the operatory
- Organizing items in the operatory
- What to consider when replacing equipment