Hayes Terms and Conditions (*At participating locations)
Freight | Free Shipping
Freight On Product Orders
Free freight on consumable orders over $250.
For other orders, $14.95 for UPS ground (default), $18.95 for second day, and $24.95 for next day on stock items. For items drop shipped from the manufacturer, freight will vary. All aerosol products must be shipped ground.
Please inspect each shipment immediately upon receipt.
Hayes will not be accountable for delays in delivery. Delivery dates stated online, in an order, or an acceptance, are only estimates, and in no case will Hayes be liable for any damages, including, but not limited to, consequential or special damages, arising from or related to any delay in shipment or delivery.
Call to talk to your local rep today
Freight on repairs
We charge for return freight on all repairs including items hand delivered by the rep.
We do not charge for freight for items we repair in house that are under warranty only if they are the only items on the order. If there are any chargeable repairs on the order it will be charged for shipping.
For items we repair in house that are returned due to a refused estimate and returned unrepaired, we do not charge freight.
For items we do not repair in house (cavitrons, factory repairs, small equipment, oral surgery, lube machines, Aseptico, etc.) that are returned due to a refused estimate (even if it is under warranty), we charge the applicable freight.
Hayes Payment Terms
For clients who are on online terms, a statement will be mailed and emailed on the 15th of the month listing the current charges (including past due) up to the 15th. The credit card provided at the time of setting up the online account will be charged for all invoices including repair order invoices listed on the statement the first of the following month. If the customer prefers to pay by check, the check must be received before the first of the following month. If the check is received after the card has been charged, the check will be returned to the customer. We will not reverse the credit card charge.
Autopay clients have a credit card on file and pay all of their repairs and product purchases at the time of service with the credit card on file and a payment receipt is emailed.
Due Upon Receipt and Limited Product Terms
Customers must fill out a credit application and be approved by Hayes. Once approved, the client may use the Hayes account for repair orders and limited products ONLY ( Hayes branded products including Lubricant, Lubricant nozzles, Lube machine pads, Evacuation cleaner, Evacuation dispenser, Ultrasonic cleaner, Dentapure Iodine Test Strips, Mint A Kleen single bottle, Kavo Spray for Quattrocare, Pac Dent Prophy Angles, Midwest gaskets, Aquasafe water test kit, Select 10 packs of Maverick carbide burs, select 5 packs of Maverick diamond burs). The client will have up to 45 days to pay with a check or a credit card for repair orders and products purchased on “limited” terms. If the account goes past 45 days, we will put the account on hold for future orders (“hold for payment”) (pending payment on the current balance) and put the customer on COD if the account goes past 75 days (see COD process below). If the client wants to order product outside of the limited categories or If the first order (repair or product) is more than $500, it must be paid in its entirety via credit card or check prior to delivery.
The credit limits for any non institutional account shall not exceed $5,000 if the client is on Online Terms. If the account exceeds $5,000, we will call the account to pay the balance in full or $2,000 below the $5,000 threshold. If an order exceeds $5,000, we must get paid in advance to keep the balance on account to less than $5,000. No orders can be shipped on account if the account is over the $5,000 limit. If the client is on Due Upon Receipt Terms, the account shall not exceed $1,500.
Payment policies may differ by Franchisee location.
Product returns, credits, account limits, discounts
If a product qualifies for a return, we will issue credit on the account. If the return requires vendor approval, credit will be issued upon credit from the vendor. No refunds are given unless management approves.
Qualifications for product returns
- Reconditioned handpieces purchased within 1 week of invoice qualify for return with the exception of electric 1:5 handpieces.
- Unopened boxes purchased within 10 days of invoice and in saleable condition (may be subject to manufacturer approval) may be returned which may include a restocking fee based on the manufacturer
- Any purchase on the rewards flyer
- Open boxes are not eligible for return even if unused
- Sales Rep must get approval from sales management before picking up returned product. Rep to locate the original invoice number, part number, quantity, and any serial numbers associated with the return, and a reason for return. Provide these items to manager for approval.
- Rep to tell the doctor that credit process could take up to 3 weeks as our policy is that we only issue credit once we have received credit from the manufacturer.
- Management will email online department and sales rep with the original invoice number, part number, quantity, and any serial numbers associated with the return. Also a reason for return.
- Online department will create an RA number in netsuite and email a copy of the RA to the sales rep. Sales rep will include RA or at least RA number with the return to ensure we know who this return belongs to. Do not write on original vendor packaging, this will make returns unavailable for credit.
Special exceptions for returns
Anything that is to be returned that does not qualify per this policy, a sales manager must approve. Restocking and freight charges may apply.
We do not issue refunds for repairs unless approved by management.
Mistakes made in billing
If a mistake is made on the customer’s account in billing we will either issue a refund or apply to another open invoice.
Coupons and discounts
No additional discounts may be applied to a payment unless it has been approved by Hayes and an updated invoice has been sent to the client.
*Shipping, payment, return policies may differ by Franchisee location.
Local, convenient service from the handpiece experts. With over 80 locations to serve you, Hayes is your best solution for hassle-free handpiece repair. We’ll come to your office to get you back up and running, and we’ll train your staff to properly maintain your equipment. We’re at your service.