Dental HIPAA Privacy Rule Information
Protecting patient privacy is vital.
In this video we will review essential compliance policies including general compliance policies proper disposal transporting confidential information minimum necessary rules including the following:
– Do not share personal files on office computers.
– Proper disposal of all patient information forms including route sheets and sign-in sheets must be secured or shredded at the end of the workday.
– Always limit uses disclosures and requests for patient information to the minimum amount necessary for the purpose of social media.
– Never include information to identify individual patients or their medical records do not discuss office situations or patient appointments.
– Do not post photos of the patient or the office schedule.
– Always communicate patient data including medical history scheduled services treatment recommendations insurance information and account information in a private area or in a way that guarantees privacy.
Ensure that your practice is compliant with Professional Dental HIPPA Training when working with your patients.
For more assistance contact your local Hayes Handpiecerepresentative for OSHA, HIPAA and CDC Programs.